Friday, May 7, 2010

Chance at Repentance

In our family, SE (my husband the Survival Expert), drives a 1996 Toyota Corolla and I drive a 2002 Toyota Camry. We had always planned on him driving his car into the ground and replacing it, and mine would just go, go, go. It's a Toyota, right?

Then the engine light went on in my car....

What?!? Why my car? Why not SE's car? I was hoping it was just as sensor or something, so I took it to the equivalent of the Instacare for cars, only to find out....

MAJOR SURGERY! Pick me up off the floor...I was trying mostly not to cry and talk hypersonically, so I just nodded and listened while the poor mechanic crashed my world around my ears. Not only was it broken, but it was broken because I had neglected my car and failed to keep up on routine maintenance. I thought I was saving money, but hearing about this major repair did NOT feel like I was saving a single dime. We did our best, but it was just too much for us to handle, so we traded it in on a new-to-us car, a Toyota Highlander.

I swear I have repented, and this one, which I named Lassie, will go the distance!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm a follower! I must say, my 10 year old Odyssey had to have a lung transplant (well, a new transmission.) It cost a chunk, I'm hoping it will get my youngest through High School carpools. Cars, bah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate! When I got the bad news on my last vehicle (my very first new car, what a waste) it only had 100 miles left on the warranty so I immediately traded it in for a jeep. To date, my jeep is my most favorite vehicle I have ever owned and also the longest lasting. I know 6 years isn't much to brag about but for me that is saying a lot. Here's to hoping they keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete